The Northeast Tree Fruit Meeting is planned for Thursday, February 16, at the Iron Skillet Restaurant in the Petro Plaza, Avoca. Registration is at 8:45 am and the meeting starts at 9 am.
Commercial tree fruit growers have an opportunity to learn from Extension specialists who are experts in their program areas and discuss current tree fruit issues. The meeting will give growers an opportunity to learn the results of the latest research on growing tree fruit. They will also get an update on laws that affect the way they manage their orchards and the workers that help them.
- Diseases for the Fruit Grower Radar
- Predictive Strategies and Best Management Practices for Brown Marmorated Stink Bug
- New Tools for Orchard Weed Control
- Disease Management Considerations for 2017
- Debunking Horticultural Myths
- Pear Psylla – the On-Going Battle with an Evolving Pest
- New Worker Protection Standards Revisions
- Pesticide Applicator Training
The Northeast Tree Fruit Meeting has been approved for two core recertification credits and six category recertification credits.
Individuals can register on-line by going to http://extension.psu.edu/plants/tree-fruit/events or by calling Beth at 570-988-3952. The registration fee is $25 per person if received by February 10 or $30 at the door and includes handouts, morning refreshments, and a hot buffet lunch.
For questions on the meeting’s content, please contact John Esslinger at 570-316-6516.