With spring soon on its way, The Penn State Master Gardeners in Lackawanna County invite everyone to an Open House hosted by:
Plow & Hearth
Shoppes at Montage
2111 Shoppes Boulevard
Moosic, Pennsylvania 18507
Visit us on Saturday, March 28, 2015 from Noon to 3:00 pm.
There will be plenty of free publications, the opportunity to talk with the Master Gardeners, and the ability to secure expert advice on:
- Tree Care. Most of us think the trees around us don’t need anything, but they do. The information needed to keep your trees healthy will be offered.
- Starting seeds. Our Master Gardeners will tell you how to grow good plants straight from the packet.
- Container Gardening. Whether you have a small space or don’t want to spend a lot of time tending to a garden, you will learn how to have a beautiful garden by utilizing containers.
- Get the dirt on soil. Great plants and good landscapes all start with the best soil.
- Native and Invasive plants. Making the right choice for your landscape can be good for you and the environment. You can learn what plants are best for your yard.
Also, you will get a chance to learn about composting from Barbara Giovagnoli of the Lackawanna County Office of Environmental Sustainability. Special children’s activities, sponsored by Lackawanna County 4-H, will also be offered at the event.
For more information, contact Penn State Master Gardeners at 570-963-6842
or by e-mail at LackawannaMG@psu.edu.